Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup powdered egg whites (these are optional, but create a dryer bread which is less likely to get soggy. If you don't use the powdered, add an extra egg and use 1/3 cup water instead of 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon poultry seasoning, such as Bell's Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- sugar substitute equal to 2-3 teaspoons sugar
Butter the bottom of a large loaf pan - if desired, line the bottom with parchment paper and butter or oil that as well.
1) Mix dry ingredient together (a whisk works well).
2) Add wet ingredients and mix well.
3) Pour into loaf pan.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until top is lightly browned (if you insert a toothpick into the loaf and it comes out clean, you can remove it from the oven.)
When cool enough to handle, remove from pan and break into large chunks. Let cool. At this point, I like to leave it out to dry for a few hours, or put it in a low oven. You can cut it into cubes first, if you'd like, or after it dries out a bit.
Use for low carb stuffing.