See below for note on erythritol.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup almond flour (best without the skins, in this case)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons powdered erythritol, xylitol, or other sugar alcohol*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons rum, brandy, whiskey, etc -- vary according to taste
- Artificial sweetener to taste - equal to about 1/2 cup of sugar
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl.
2. Add vanilla and liquor. If the artificial sweetener is liquid and concentrated, add it to the liquor. Since there are different liquid sweeteners of different concentrations, you may have to play with the total amount of liquid, and cut down on the liquor, or add water. Usually the total liquid you want is about 2.5 to 3 Tablespoons. Add the liquid slowly and mix until it all comes together.
3. Roll into balls.
The flavors will mellow over the next few days. Store in covered container in refrigerator or cool place.
Carbs depend on serving size. 17 balls will get you exactly 1 gram of effective carbohydrate per ball, plus a tad over a gram of alcohol and 1.5 grams of fiber.