- Hot Peanut Butter Flax Cereal
- 1/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries on cereal
- Salad made with 4 cups chopped romaine or other dark green lettuce (i.e. not iceberg), half an avocado, and 4 oz cooked chicken meat, with Vinaigrette dressing such as Sweet and Sour Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- Grilled or Pan-fried Steak (5 oz raw)
- 1 cup green beans, prepared as you like them
- 1 cup Mushroom and Peppers with Wine and Herbs
Note: Calories can be varied by adding and subtracting protein and fat, or, if your particular carbohydrate needs vary from this, by changing amounts of carbohydrate foods. All menus have essentially all essential vitamins and minerals except for calcium and Vitamin D. “Essentially” means that one particular vitamin might be a bit under one day or another. For the most part, these menus far exceed the minimum requirements. In menus where lower carb options are presented, my analysis of the nutrients other than carbs does not include this option.