- Beef -- flank steak, sirloin, or your favorite -- cut in ½ inch strips or whole
- For Each Pound of Beef, make the following marinade:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth (or water, the difference is subtle)
- 2 Tablespoons artificial sweetener (or brown sugar -- not much of it probably actually gets into the meat)
- 2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 green onions (scallions) chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
Mix the marinade ingredients up, and put the meat in. Marinate anywhere from an hour to overnight. If you use artificial sweetener, consider adding just a teaspoon of dark molasses for flavor.
Grill quickly on a hot grill.
There is no carbohydrate to speak of in this recipe if you use the artificial sweetener. It's hard to tell with sugar in a marinade how much gets in.