- 1 bunch broccoli - cut into florets, stem peeled and chopped
- 1 T oil (see tip)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, grated, or pressed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (see tip)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon equivalent artificial sweetener
- 3 Tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
2) While that is happening, if the almonds aren't toasted, you can do that in the skillet you're going to use for the broccoli - either in a dry pan or a small amount of oil.
3) Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sherry, and sweetener.
4) Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. What kind of oil should I use?
5) Stir-fry the broccoli in hot oil for 1-2 minutes, until almost tender. Push to the edges of the pan.
6) Put ginger and garlic in the center of the pan (add a little more oil if need be), and saute 30-60 seconds, until fragrant. Tips for using fresh ginger
7) Put sauce in the pan, and toss all ingredients together. Top with almonds.
Nutritional Information:Each of 6 servings has 4 grams effective carbohydrate plus 3 grams fiber, 3 grams protein, and 86 calories.