Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened soy milk (or milk or cream - milk has more carbs, so adjust)
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 C sugar equivalent from artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon dark molasses (optional)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scant teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch cloves
- 1/4 t salt
1) Preheat oven to 425 F. (important)
2) Dump all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whirl to blend.
3) Pour into the crust.
4) Put the pie in the oven and immediately turn the oven down to 375 F. In 15 minutes, turn the oven down to 300 F. (This cooks the crust, so it isn't soggy, but then allows the custard to bake more slowly.) Bake until almost set in the middle, about 30 to 40 minutes more. If it starts to crack a bit around the edges, it's probably done.
5) Cool and serve with whipped cream (the real stuff, made with vanilla and sweetener). How To Make Homemade Whipped Cream
Nutritional Analysis: 8 servings, without crust: 3.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber, 3 grams protein, 5.5 grams fat, 80 calories.
With pecan crust, each serving is 4 grams effective carbohydrate with 3.4 grams fiber.
If you liked this recipe, try my Low-Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake.