Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups pecans (in response to one of the comments, don't use salted pecans!)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (I stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup erythritol (optional)
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar I use zero-carb liquid sweeteners .
- 1/2 cup water
1) Process pecans in food processor - pulse until they are meal - but they won't get quite as small as corn meal.
2) Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse again. (Note on erythritol: You can do this recipe with all artificial sweetener, but I've begun experimenting with partial erythritol, with success. I haven't tested all different combinations yet, though - it may be that more erythritol is even better.)
3) Add the wet ingredients and process until well-blended.
4) Pour into pan and bake. The exact time will vary with the pan. Start checking at about 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5) Cut when cool. If desired, serve with homemade whipped cream and/or chocolate sauce.
Nutritional Information: Each of 8 servings has 2 grams of effective carbohydrate plus 4 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and 334 calories.
Learn More About Chocolate in a Low-Carb Diet
More Low-Carb Passover Ideas