Carbohydrate and Fiber Counts for Apples
- ½ cup chopped apple: 7 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1.5 grams fiber and 32 calories.
- 1 medium apple (3 inches in diameter): 21 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 4.5 grams fiber and 95 calories.
Glycemic Index for ApplesThe averages in studies of apples ranged between 28 to 44, with an average of 38
Glycemic Load of Apples
- ½ cup of chopped apple: 4
1 medium apple (3" in diameter): 6
Health Benefits of ApplesAbout one-third of the fiber in apples is soluble, mainly pectin. It is a fair source of vitamin C and an excellent source of quercetin.
Low-Carb Recipes With Apples
- Apple Flax Muffins
- Chopped Salad
- Microwave Apple Almond Dessert
- Creamy Apple Bacon Chicken
- Sugar-Free Cranberry Jello Salad
- Sugar-Free Cranberry Chutney
More Information About Apples at Calorie Count Plus.More Carb Profiles:
Leroux, MarcusFoster-Powell, Kaye, Holt, Susanna and Brand-Miller, Janette. "International table of glycemic index and glycemic load values: 2002." American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Vol. 76, No. 1, 5-56, (2002).