Carbohydrate and Fiber Counts for Parsnips
- 1 medium parsnip, (9" long; and about 5.5 oz.) cooked: 21 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 6 grams fiber and 114 calories
- ½ cup sliced raw parsnips: 9 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 3 grams fiber and 50 calories
- ¼ lb (4 oz) raw parsnips: 15 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 6 grams fiber and 84 calories
Glycemic Index for ParsnipsOne study of the glycemic index of parsnips produced an average score of 97 (glucose is 100).
Glycemic Load of Parsnips
- 1 medium parsnip (9" long; and about 5.5 oz.), cooked: 10
- ½ cup sliced raw parsnips::5
- ¼ lb (4 oz) raw parsnips: 7
Health Benefits of ParsnipsParsnips are a very good source of fiber and vitamin C, and a good sources of manganese, folate, and potassium.
More Information About Parsnips at Calorie Count.More Carb Profiles:
Leroux, MarcusFoster-Powell, Kaye, Holt, Susanna and Brand-Miller, Janette. "International table of glycemic index and glycemic load values: 2002." American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Vol. 76, No. 1, 5-56, (2002)