If you like, you can freeze the rest of the pumpkin in an ice cube tray and then transfer to a zip-type bag. Then, just pop out as many as you want.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 C ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C pumpkin puree'
- Pinch salt
- Sweetener and flavorings to taste
- 2 T flax seed meal (optional)
1) Mix up the ricotta with water to thin it out - quite thin if you want to add flax seed meal, which thickens it a lot.
2) Add an egg and beat well (I use a whisk) - you don't want a lot of strings of egg white.
3) Add the pumpkin and salt.
4) Sweeten to taste and add cinnamon and nutmeg or whatever. If I have it, I like to add a touch of Da Vinci's Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup.
5) Stir while heating on medium heat. When it goes "grainy", that's the egg cooking. Stir in the flax seed meal at this point.
Possible additions: peanut butter (yum!), butter, nuts, you name it.