Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 and 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Artificial sweetener equal to 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup can be flavored sugar-free syrup)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup liquid (flavored syrup or water)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 medium apple, chopped fairly finely
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the rest of them.
2. Let batter stand 10 minutes, then put into the muffin pan and bake for about 18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and muffins just barely start to pull away from the sides of the tin.
Nutritional Information: Each muffin contains 2 grams link ecc effective carbohydrate plus 5 grams fiber.