Note: one of the readers who reviewed this recipe makes the point that if you want a lighter shake, such as for a snack, you can substitute unsweetened almond milk, soy milk, or the coconut milk in cartons. This would lower both the carb and calorie counts, and could be used as a substantial snack or smaller meal.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (the kind in cans)
- 1 scoop low carb protein powder (I used "Designer Protein" for my calculations), vanilla or plain
- 1/3 cup frozen berries (I used strawberries for the analysis)
- 2 Tablespoons Flax Seed Meal (or see above)
- 1/2 - 1 cup water (less if you want it thicker)
- Sweetener to taste (I like to use liquid forms of Splenda - no carbs (see below)