Yield: 5 Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 green onions, chopped, white and green parts separated into two piles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced (Haas has the least carb)
- small can (4 oz) chopped or sliced ripe olives (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese - cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a combination
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
Mix together the lettuce, tomato, avocado, green onion, and olives. At this point you can add the meat and cheese and toss it together, or put it on top of each individual serving. Top with salsa and sour cream.
Nutritional Information: Each of 5 servings has 5.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 4 grams fiber, 36 grams protein, and 505 calories. With olives, add an extra half gram of carbohydrate and 19 calories per serving.