It's important to have access to nutritious, low-carb snack food so that you won’t reach for crackers and chips or the like if you get hungry between meals. What do you like to eat when the "hungries" hit? Share Low-Carb Snacks
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese flavor to taste with vanilla, sweetener and cinnamon. I think it tastes like cheesecake
- I found a great recipe for Five-Spice Pecans at Epicurious.com (posted in SELF magazine Dec. 2011) and after substituting the brown sugar for Splenda's Brown Sugar Blend, you end up with 1.5 net carbs per 1/4 cup serving.
- —Guest Cathy
LC crispy dippers
- I love Mama Lupe`s tortillas, and make chips. Cut into several slices w/pizza cutter, spray one side w/olive oil and sprinkle w/sea salt. Bake in 350* oven for about 20 min till crispy. No need to flip over or grease pan. Buy @ Netrition website /3 net carbs each, and 10 per package. Netrition Rocks!
- —Guest Kathleen
Yummy baked apple
- I slice an apple, put a dab of butter on it, sprinkle it with cinnamon and stevia, and bake it for 3 minutes. Yummo!
- —Guest P~
ice cream sub
- Put frozen berries in bowl, put pack of equal, pour cream over. The cream freezes and turns it into treat like ice cream. A little rum poured over makes it special.
- —Guest eve
Low Carb Snack
- Cook garbanzo beans until soft. Season with black pepper and dash of salt. Serve warm. ----goodbye popcorn!
- —Guest Jamfam
- Use baked Parmesan crackers (homemade or from Kitchen Table Bakers) for the chips, top with shredded Cheddar or Mexican mix and a slice of Jalapeno, and microwave just until cheese topping is melted.
- 4oz cottage cheese
1 lg egg
splenda (or what ever sweetner u like)
vanilla to taste
1 T milled flax
nuke in microwave. for about 1.5 min stir and nuke again for 1.5 min
- —Guest kajunbuderfly
- I have had to really watch my snacks.
I tend to lean towards cream cheese more than other cheeses(worse yet heavy cream which has double the carbs of cream cheese!). I am conservative with heavy cream.
Cheese is a creeper of calories, that can sabotage Low carb (dr eades in Protein Power warned about That, he also warned about portion control with nuts!) . Further processed foods are also ones to watch as they are salty, so make us retain sodium, and also can make me hungrier. I find that if I have my main meals with 60% "healthy" fats , I crave snacking way way less. Sometimes, all I need is a glass of water or a cup of tea. I still prefer a low carb cookie with healthy sugar more than a salt laden food.
Celery can be very salty also.
got to watch for condiments in snacks.
GUILT Free Ice Cream Substitute
- Spray a 4oz container with Fat Free Reddi Wip about half full. Add a few berries and then spray it full, heaping...Into freezer...You'll be amazed at the taste. Cal 5~Carbs 1 Sugars -1 If you use the regular or extra creamy Reddi Wip, it's still VERY low in Cal~Carbs~Sugar. They also have Chocolate...I appreciate all the great suggestions here!
Helps me, just starting back
- I mix cream cheese with a little garlic powder or real garlic and spread on ham luncheon meat, roll up and put in freezer just until firm. Cut in slices, looks like a pinwheel and they are delicious. Serve them at all parties and there are never any left. Really, really good.
- —Guest Jan
- my mum used to make these in the summer when we had an over abundance of tomatoes. just scoop the insides out, drain the juice but keep the meat, chop it up and mix with 1tbsp mayo, 2 tbsp cottage cheese and minced basil. season with salt and pepper... i craved these when i was preggers!
- —Guest shebee
- i like getting a slice of ham, island farms cream cheese and a pickled asparagus spear... roll it up and eat! ( i like the spicy pickled asparagus... gives it a little kick!)
- —Guest shebee
- I like to take a cheese stick and roll it up inside a slice of deli ham or turkey. Great snack, no carbs.
- —Guest Marcie B.
Pork skins and ranch dressing
- I like to add a little hot sauce to my ranch beforehand. Try to get the wishbone ranch. It has the lowest carbs of all the ranch dressings I've found.
- —Guest KD