It's important to have access to nutritious, low-carb snack food so that you won’t reach for crackers and chips or the like if you get hungry between meals. What do you like to eat when the "hungries" hit? Share Low-Carb Snacks
Sweet frozen strawberry whip
- I got this idea from one of my grandmas recipe and it satisfies all my summer cravings- sweet, frozen & fruity! :)
Whip 1 jumbo egg white until foamy. Slowly add 1 cup of Splenda or truvia. Add 2 cups of puréed strawberries. Beat on High for half an hour- kitchen aid mixer helps! Just watch it doesn't over flow since it really expands! Freeze and enjoy !
- —Guest Robyn
- The Snackwell brand has a really good dry roasted edamame pouch. It has a decent size portion of them in the bag and their seasoned with a little bit of salt. I believe there is only 7 carbs, but 5 in fiber so only 2 useable carbs per package. They're really good for a salty crunchy craving.
- —Guest Karlee
Low carb snack
- Drip chocolate flavored stevia over frozen strawberries and enjoy!....yummmmOH!
- —Guest Denise
- Mix 1 tablespoon chia seeds OR ground flax with 2 tablespoons of organic (no sugar) peanut butter. Super filling & extends the peanut butter to seem like you are getting more. I spread it on "Suzies Whole Grain Thin Cakes (corn,quinoa & sesame) 3 cakes 36 calories & 8 carbs - eat for breakfast or bed time snack. For a sweet snack - mix 2 tablespoons of organic, no sugar peanut butter with 1 serving of Lily's sugar free mini chocolate chips (55 chips in a serving) this seriously tastes like a Reeses cup!
- —Guest EandLmom
Smoked Salmon & L/F Swiss Cheese Squares
- I love this snack which is very satisfying and nutritious, and does not spike my blood sugar:
1 Slice low fat swiss cheese cut in 4 squares, add same size square of smoked salmon, a sprinkle of resh ground pepper & half a cherry tomato on each piece, or a sprinkle of dill weed and the cherry tomato or grape tomato. These are for my mid morn/afternoon breaks, or I eat the full 4 squares with a giant green spring salad at lunch.
Low carb snacks
- We buy salt free roasted soy nuts. A handful is very filling. Whole Foods, Richards, EarthBalance & on line sells them.
- —Guest Marie
Cheddar Cheese Crisps
- 1/8 cup cheddar cheese shreds
1 paper plate
sprinkle cheddar cheese shreds all around the plate, Microwave for 1 min to 1.5 min... let them cool and remove from plate, place on napkin to absorb the oil. break into pieces and enjoy.
- —Guest Robin
Sub for pasta
- I use stir fried cabbage, zucchini, or spaghetti squash instead of pasta. Top with low carb sauce. Delicious & filling.
- —Guest Dhy
- For breakfast. Ricotta cheese with splenda and cinnamon with a little vanilla. yum.
- —Guest Diana Lee
Before bed snack
- Every night before bed I have a big tablespoon of chunky peanut butter and several small dill pickles and a small glass of almond milk. Yummy!
- —Guest poohbear
soothing that sweet tooth
- My favorite breakfast/snack. 1 cup blackberries smash together with 2 wedges of strawberry cream laughing cow cheese. add 1 teaspoon of splenda/stevia. Taste better than yogurt!!!!
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese flavor to taste with vanilla, sweetener and cinnamon. I think it tastes like cheesecake
- I found a great recipe for Five-Spice Pecans at Epicurious.com (posted in SELF magazine Dec. 2011) and after substituting the brown sugar for Splenda's Brown Sugar Blend, you end up with 1.5 net carbs per 1/4 cup serving.
- —Guest Cathy
LC crispy dippers
- I love Mama Lupe`s tortillas, and make chips. Cut into several slices w/pizza cutter, spray one side w/olive oil and sprinkle w/sea salt. Bake in 350* oven for about 20 min till crispy. No need to flip over or grease pan. Buy @ Netrition website /3 net carbs each, and 10 per package. Netrition Rocks!
- —Guest Kathleen
Yummy baked apple
- I slice an apple, put a dab of butter on it, sprinkle it with cinnamon and stevia, and bake it for 3 minutes. Yummo!
- —Guest P~