What's your favorite fast-food restaurant for getting decent low-carb food? Do you have any inside tips to help your fellow low-carbers? Is there anything beyond bunless burgers and grilled chicken salads? Perhaps we can even make a difference in the choices fast-food restaurants provide us!
low carb suggestion
- Great low carb sandwiches @ Carl's Jr. Very filling meals.
- I run bt Kroger and buy a whole roasted chicken for $7. I buy a pack of salad mix, chop up some chicken and mix it all together at home with some sour cream. For desert it is Breyers CarbSmart Ice Cream bars. All together about 20 carbs and you are full!!! Or you can picante sauce instead of sour cream.
Low Carb Burrito
- Buy low carb burrito tortillas from Walmart, Order 3 taco with everything. Transfer meat etc into tortilla and wrap your burrito.
- —Guest Tollehouse
On the road
- That's when we eat fast food, on the way to see family. We usually stop at McD's and I get salad with 1-2 grilled chicken portions on top. I love warm meat on cold salad! And the Newman's Own Caesar has only 1 carb.
breakfast at McDonalds
- The egg-bacon-cheese-biscuit is quite good and there is no need to eat the biscuit (okay, one bite; like to taste everything).
Wendy's Southwest Taco Salad
- I'm allowed 30 grams of carb per meal, so I get the Wendy's Southwest Salad, no tortilla strips or dressing. I use the chili and the light sour cream over the lettuce/cheese. I think you could get the guacamole on it, but I don't like it, so I tell them to hold it. I think it should fall around 30 - with 15 in the small chili.
- —Guest Carol
- Chipoltle has great spiced grilled chicken, steak, and pork. Add some salsa & guacamole and you're tastebuds and hips will thank you.
- —Guest @GinaRClark
Carls Junior has low carb burger.
- Now this chain has a low carb burger with big lettuce wrap but no bun on its menu.
- —Guest George
El Pollo Loco
- A 2-piece flame broiled chicken with double veggies and nix the tortillas. Tasty, fast, and healthy.
- —Guest Liz985
Fast food choices
- When we eat fast food (usually when I'm sick, DH can't cook) I use half a flat out wrap. Works very well, and only adds 3 carbs.
- They make a lettuce wrap fpr all of their sandwiches
- —Guest Kathy
- When I want to be really bad, I get a cheeseburger and toss the bun. You have to be careful with some of the sauces on the specialty burgers as they are high in carbs!
In and Out
- In and Out Burgers has great burgers. Order them "Protein Style" and they will wrap them in lettuce - you can actually eat them without a knife and fork!
- I get the grilled chicken sandwich, plain, with a side salad instead of fries. Then I chop up the chicken from the sandwich, toss the bun, and make a grilled chicken sand. Be careful about the dressing though. I love honey mustard dressing but its carby!
- I order the side salad, and the double hamburger. Then I cut the meat up, put it on the salad, throw away the bag of croutons, and the bun. I eat the pickle and put a low carb dressing on. So I can get nicely full for $2.00.
- Well, TB has really bad salad choices for LC, so I order several taco's and just eat the middles.
- —Guest VAP1