What's your favorite fast-food restaurant for getting decent low-carb food? Do you have any inside tips to help your fellow low-carbers? Is there anything beyond bunless burgers and grilled chicken salads? Perhaps we can even make a difference in the choices fast-food restaurants provide us! Share Fast Food Ideas
Hardee's Low Carb Breakfast Bowl
- It has sausage, eggs, bacon and cheese and it's pretty good.
- —Guest Steve
- I order the daily double with no bun or ketchup. Chop up the meat and veggies and add a little light mayo and mustard. Its a burger salad!
- —Guest Amanda
- In'n'Out burgers can be ordered "protein style". All the yummy goodness without the bun and wrapped in lettuce instead.
- —Guest Sledbetter4
- BLT Cobb Salad. Only 13 carbs without the croutons!
- —Guest RT
Del Taco no carb breakfast.
- Order the steak & egg burrito, without the tortilla. They'll put in a tray instead. I order the green sauce instead of red & add onion. Yum!
- —Guest Loretta
- KFC grilled chicken I found surprisingly good. Zero carbs. Stay strong and toss the biscuit.
- —Guest Mike
- Sausage burritos, sometimes a dollar each. Order one or two, ask for a spoon, and remove the filling, eating as little tortilla as possible. (I wonder if they'd make these with no tortilla.). Wash down with coffee with half-and-half.
- —Guest Mark.
- The $6 guacamole bacon cheese burger is GREAT...just throw away the bun. VERY filling.
- —Guest cathyatplay
- I like Carl Jr's $6 guacamole, bacon, cheese burger. Just toss the bun. I think Hardee's may have this also.
- —Guest cathyatplay
- Hardees might do it best. They will make any Sandwich "Low-Carb" with a thick clam shell of iceburg lettuce as your bun. Unfortunately, there are no Hardee's near me. I came here to see if anybody else does that. Anyone?
- —Guest Alan
- You can order any sandwich from BK low-carb style and they make it without the bun or sauces, and put into a bowl instead. If you still would like sauces you just specify when ordering or get it in packets on the side. Would imagine other food chains would do that too but never tried.
- —Guest Tguifiddle
On the road
- That's when we eat fast food, on the way to see family. We usually stop at McD's and I get salad with 1-2 grilled chicken portions on top. I love warm meat on cold salad! And the Newman's Own Caesar has only 1 carb.
breakfast at McDonalds
- The egg-bacon-cheese-biscuit is quite good and there is no need to eat the biscuit (okay, one bite; like to taste everything).
Wendy's Southwest Taco Salad
- I'm allowed 30 grams of carb per meal, so I get the Wendy's Southwest Salad, no tortilla strips or dressing. I use the chili and the light sour cream over the lettuce/cheese. I think you could get the guacamole on it, but I don't like it, so I tell them to hold it. I think it should fall around 30 - with 15 in the small chili.
- —Guest Carol
- Chipoltle has great spiced grilled chicken, steak, and pork. Add some salsa & guacamole and you're tastebuds and hips will thank you.
- —Guest @GinaRClark