Chicken can be the basis for so many easy, tasty meals! What are your favorite easy ways to prepare chicken? From the grill, stovetop, oven, or crockpot, share your ideas for great, easy chicken!
- At the moment I am very much addicted to something I was missing: chicken nuggets (though I read another version above with ground pork scratchings which I am also raring to try) I cut skinless chickenbreast into large chunks, about 6 chucks in a single breast. Roll these in beaten egg and then through very finely ground flaxseed with herbs and spices to taste (I use thyme, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chilly powder and cayenne pepper) These I then place on snackpaper in the middle of my oven, as hot as it will go and leave them for 20 minutes os so, less if you make the nuggies smaller. GORGEOUS!!
Millionaire Chicken Salad.
- I 'borrowed' this recipe from Rachael Ray but it is one of my favorites. The crunch of the cabbage + the spice of the ginger and other ingredients is just plain good. And, it makes a number of good size servings. Here's the link. http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/rachael-ray-30-minute-meals/millionaire-rotisserie-chicken-salad
- —Guest Don in Arkansas
- - boneless breasts or tenders
I capful "Simply Orange " juice
Dash or two of olive oil
pinch of brown sugar or sugar free brown
salt and pepper
Mix all the ingredients in a zip lock style bag and put in fridge to marry one hour or overnight. Grill on indoor or oudoor grill till done to your likeness. Serve with riced veggies of choice that a buttered well and salted or seasoned with your favorite herbs or spices.
Chicken With Mustard Cream Sauce
- My suggestion is to use boneless skinless chicken thighs. Cut them up into bite side pieces. Brown in butter in batches to avoid overcrowding. Typically we estimate 1.5-2.0 thighs per person depending on size and appetite. Reserve Chicken to a plate covered with foil to keep warm. Deglaze the pan (carefully- shut flame off initially) with brandy and mix all the brown bits around then restart the flame (carefully - if concerned add chicken broth now to dilute the alcohol and flammability will be safely managed) as it begins to evaporate add 1.5-2tbls of dijon mustard and mix. As mustard is incorporated add 1/2-3/4 a cup of heavy cream and continue to stir- raise heat to begin reducing the overall liquid volume this will allow the cream to thicken. When the cream has been thickened you can then thin it back out with 1/4 cup increments of chicken broth. Allowing it to return to a boil. As the sauce thickens add salt & pepper to taste. Then return the chicken to the pan to reheat
- —Guest mtighe
Shake and Bake Style Chicken
- This is so easy and really tasty. I take boneless/skinless chicken breasts, dip them in an egg wash, then coat them with pork rind crumbs (ground in food processor). I usually parmesan cheese to the crumbs and whatever seasonings I feel like at the time. Bake at 375 for about a half hour- yummy!
- —Guest April
- Combine 1/3C low sodium soy sauce and 1/3C Siriacha style hot sauce (found in the Asian section of your grocery). Pour in 1 gal freezer bag with 8 bone-in chicken thighs (or 16-20 wings) and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally to insure an even marinade. Grill over medium hot charcoal until juices run clear and skin is crispy. These are pretty spicy so if you don't like as much heat, back off on the siriacha sauce. Since you already have the grill going, brush some veggies with the excess marinade & grill them too. Yummm!
- —Guest Don
- half-cup sun-dried tomatoes
half-cup chicken broth
1 and 1/2 t grated orange rind
salt to taste
1/8 t pepper
1 and 1/2 lb. chicken tenders or 1 and 1/2
lb boneless chicken breast
2 T olive oil (flavored, if you have it)
1 bell pepper cut into strips
1 medium onion sliced
2 cloves garlic chopped
half-pound of sliced mushrooms
3/4 shredded mozzarella or provolone
1 T tomato paste
Combine tomatoes, broth, rind, s and p in large bowl and set aside.
Heat 1 T olive oil in large pan; add chicken and cook til golden brown, about 6 min. per side. Remove to plate.
Heat 1 T oil and add green pepper, onions, garlic and mushrooms; saute 7 to 12 min. til tender.
Return chicken and any juices to pan; spoon vegetables over top. Add the tomato mixture. Cover and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 min. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook til cheese melts...about 1 min. (serves 6)
- —Guest David Powelson
yummiest chicken salad recipe
- CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
4 Medium chicken breasts - cooked and cut into pieces
3 celery stalks- chopped
1 cup canned bean sprouts - drained
1/2 cup Walden Farms Calorie Free French Dressing
1/2 cup Walden Farms Calorie Free Mayo available in the uk at satisfood.co.uk 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
1/2 doz. green olive
Mix all ingredients together. Place salad green on plate. Top with all ingredients and top with olives.
Total: 1 cup is 219 calories, 4 gm fat, 2 carbs
- —Guest helen