How much weight I lost and how long it took
As a 5'6 31 years of age female, I weighed 158 four months ago. Now I weigh 138 pounds. I have religiously maintained a low carb lifestyle for four months and practice hot yoga. I've had to stop all exercise for past month due to a fractured foot and still continue to lose weight. My profession is a hotel sales manager, so I am fairly inactive at work.
The approach I've used to lose weight
I planned my own low carb lifestyle, here's what it looks like and I plan to follow it for the rest of my life:
What what I added to my diet:
- Glasses of ice water with every meal (amount varies on my time)
- Dark green veggies with every meal (3 meals a day)
- Daily multi vitamins
- Peppermint tea
- Low sugar, low carb crunchy peanut butter
- Cheeses (pepper jack, cheddar, mozerella)
- Low sodium, no nitrate/nitrite meats
- Heirloom tomatoes in morning eggs
- Low fat ground turkey, drained
What I eliminated from my diet:
- Any starches
- Candy and chocolate
- Any form of table sugar
- Whole wheat or grain products
- Fruit juices
The only serious challenge I've had is office sweets. I tell myself they are not an option. It's gotten easier to resist them as I eat more dark green vegetables with every meal, three times a day. They give me inner and outer strength. Also, I have to ignore people who tell me I need carbs to be healthy or it's OK to just have one cookie, you don't need to lose weight, don't you miss bread, etc.
Tips and Tricks
- You cannot cheat. It has to a lifestyle change and your brain can't associate happiness with sugar and carbs.
- Go to the grocery store 2-3 times a week for your fresh blackberries, dark green veggies (the dark green mixed green salad packs are great.)
- If you love dessert find a low carb option and treat yourself. Mine is a spoonful of Trader Joe's flaxseed peanut butter
- Watch the sugar/carbs on vinegar for your salads. Stay 3 or below per serving.
- Buy a grill to make dinners more yummy.
- Drink lots of water.
- Find an exercise routine you love.
- Your significant other must take also take on this lifestyle