Foods that the body rapidly converts into glucose are not shown on the pyramid
, but this doesn't mean that you can never have a piece of cake or an order of fries again. Rather, it means that foods that cause a rapid and high rise in blood sugar
should be planned treats, which:
- You do not eat often
- Are very delicious - no stale cake, third-rate pie, or limp fries allowed!
- You enjoy every bite of. You should stop eating when you aren't enjoying your treat to the utmost (you may be surprised at how soon this is)
Foods that fall into this category include:
- Foods made with a lot of sugar (candy, sugared soft drinks and other beverages with sugar, ice cream, etc.)
- Foods made with a lot of flour (cakes, cookies, crackers, most breads, etc.)
- Starchy foods, such as potatoes
- Fruit juices
- High sugar fruits - the fruits with the highest amount of sugar are any dried fruit (raisins, figs, etc) and tropical fruits such as bananas, mangoes, pineapple, and oranges.
Check labels for other foods with a large amount of carbohydrate (remember, all carbs turn to sugar in your body).
Low Carb Treats
On the other hand, delicious treats can be made from low -carb ingredients. Try some of my recipes for:
Also check out some of the low carb products
I have reviewed.