- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach, 10 oz each
- ¼ chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon oil or butter
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or a mixture is nice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or other spice mixture to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoon dry white wine if you have it around
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice if you don't have the wine
- 1 drop liquid sweetener or a pinch of a powder (just a small amount to balance flavors)
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (not the dried kind in the can)
Defrost spinach in the boxes or in a 2-quart casserole dish.
Fry onion in the oil or butter until it begins to soften.
Mix all ingredients except for the Parmesan cheese in the casserole dish. Sprinkle Parmesan on top.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean and cheese on top begins to brown.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information: Each serving has 3 grams effective carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber, 10 grams protein, and 202 calories.