Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 large package sugar-free cranberry, cherry, black cherry, or raspberry Jello
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (pick out soft and brown ones)
- 1 medium apple cut the fruit off the core
- Optional - zest of one orange - minimal carbs, and adds a "spark"
1) Prepare the Jello as per the package's instructions (I like the super-speed method with the ice cubes).
2) Chop the walnuts in the food processor -- move to a separate bowl.
3) Chop the cranberries in the food processor, one cup at a time, adding to bowl.
4) Chop apple in the food processor, and add to bowl. Toss nuts and fruit together, and mix into Jello. Chill completely.
Makes 12 servings of ½ cup each.
Nutritional Information: Each serving has 3.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 1.5 grams fiber, 2 grams protein, and 69 calories.