- 2 large stalks of broccoli (chopped to about 5 cups of flowerettes and peeled stem)
- 1/2 lb bacon (cooked until crisp, drained and blotted of excess fat, and chopped)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice (4 and 1/2 teaspoons, or to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar substitute, preferably zero carb, such as liquid forms
- 2 Tablespoons dried currants
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
2) To make your dressing, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, sweetener, and a pinch each of salt and pepper (adjust to taste). Add onion and currants.
3) Mix the broccoli, dressing and remaining ingreditents together. If you'd like, save a little of the sunflower seeds and bacon to sprinkle over the top.
Nutritional Information: Each of 10 servings has 3 grams effective carbohydrate plus 2.5 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 203 calories.