- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup sugar-free pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or combination mozzarella and other cheese such as Parmesan
- ¼ cup finely minced green pepper or other pizza topping
- 24 slices of thin-sliced pepperoni, preferably in large thin slices
- Poke the pepperoni slices into the bottoms of the mini-muffin cups, or butter the cups well if you aren't using the pepperoni (I find that oiling the pans doesn't work as well).
- Cream the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs, garlic, and oregano, and beat until smooth.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in by hand.
- Fill the muffin cups with the egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and set in center. Remove from oven, and cool for a few minutes (5-10), then run a knife around the top to loosen (I use a plastic knife for my nonstick pan). Remove to a plate.
Makes 24 pieces
Nutritional Information: Each piece with pepperoni has 1 gram effective carbohydrate, 3 grams protein, and 67 calories. Without pepperoni, each has 1 gram effective carbohydrate, 2 grams protein, and 47 calories.