Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- Avocados (number according to the size of the crowd)
- About 1/4 t salt per avocado
- About 2 T salsa per avocado
- About 3/4 t garlic powder per avocado
- About 1/2 t lemon or lime juice per avocado
- Optional: Chopped cilantro, chopped onion
2) Add the salt, juice, salsa, and garlic powder. Mash it together with a fork (I like to leave some chunks).
3) Taste. If you can't taste the avocado much, add a bit of salt. If it's a little flat, dribble a little juice in. If it's not spicy enough, add a little salsa. Try more garlic powder to see how that changes it. Play with it and you will find your "ideal guac balance point". This is the secret to excellent guacamole!
4) Stir in cilantro and onion at the end if you want to. I usually do the cilantro, but not always.
5) By the third time you do this, you won't bother to measure, you'll just put the ingredients in and start tasting.
Carb Count will vary according to the salsa you use. A medium Hass avocado (the kind with the thick dark bumpy skin) has about 3 grams of effective carb plus 12 grams of fiber. The Florida kind (thinner skin) are usually a little bigger and have 11 grams of carb and have 7 grams of effective carb plus 17 grams of fiber.