The Bottom Line
- Mashed potato substitute probably as good as instant
- Can be used to improve mashed cauliflower or other vegetable purees
- Low carb and high fiber
- Many other uses
- Must mail order from most locations
- Fairly expensive
- Each serving of mashers has 4 grams of effective carbohydrate
- Each serving has 5 grams of fiber
- 3 flavors - Classic, Garlicky Parmesan, and Sour Cream and Chive
- Wheat free
Guide Review - Dixie Carb Counters Instant Mashers
I like mashed cauliflower as a lower carb alternative to potatoes, but Instant Mashers really improve the texture, making it starchier. They work as a binder in seafood cakes and various croquettes, including crab cakes, salmon cakes, and latkes. They have a similar function in meatloaf. If anyone tries them, let me know how you use them.
Ingredients (Classic Flavor):Cereal fiber, Dehydrated potatoes, soy protein, calcium casseninate, cream powder (cream, lechthin, tocopherols and ascorbic palmitate), whey protein concentrate, milk protein isolate, natural butter flavor, salt.