Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb raw shelled deveined shrimp
- 2 -3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (preferably fresh)
- 2 Tablespoons dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallots (optional)
- 1-2 Tablespoons minced parsley (optional)
- pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes (optional)
- Zest of one lemon (optional)
- Heat the skillet until hot. While it's heating, salt and pepper the shrimp. Add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring or turning it until it just turns pink - you'll be cooking it a little longer at the end, so don't worry if you're not sure it's done in the middle.
- Turn the heat down, and add the butter to the pan. (If using the shallot, I cooked it here for about a minute.) Add the garlic and red pepper, and cook until fragrant. Add the wine and lemon juice (and lemon zest if you have it).
- Add the shrimp back to the pan, stir, and heat through. Add parsley if you have it.
Nutritional Information: Makes three servings, with 3 grams effective carbohydrate plus 31 grams protein, and 250 calories. If you use the shallots, add one more gram of carb and 4 calories.