- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 Tablespoon gournd coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of cayenne or other hot pepper (or a little Harissa paste)
- 2 cloves minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons finely minced onion or 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt (about 1 and 1/2 teaspoons works well)
Traditionally, these are molded into sort of long meatballs (about 3 to 4 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter) and put on skewers to grill. I just skip the skewers.
Serve with Tzatziki with Mint.
Nutritional Information: Each of 4 servings has 2 grams effective carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber, 29 grams protein, and 303 calories.