Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup mushroom slices
- 3 T (or so) olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 2 T minced Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- Chicken broth or Better than Bouillon
2. Heat oil in skillet and add chicken. Cook until done, remove, and cover with foil.
3. Add onion and mushrooms, cook until soft. Add wine to pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. At this point, judge the amount of liquid for sauce for chicken. If you need more, add a bit of broth. Taste, and adjust seasonings. If it needs more salt, this is a good place to add a little Better Than Bouillon, if you have it, for the chicken flavor and salt.
5. Pour vegetables and sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional Information: This can make 3 or 4 servings. For 3 servings each has 3 grams effective carbohydrate plus one gram fiber, 36 grams protein, and 336 calories.