- 2.5 cups (or so) of chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked chopped broccoli
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tablespoon Better than Boullion and 3/4 cup water, or 3/4 cup chicken broth and salt to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (see note above)
- 2 teaspoons low carb thickener such as NOTStarch or 2 T whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped (it's nice if you toast them, but not vital)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2) Add wine and boil most of it away.
3) Add thickener. If you are using flour, cook for a minute or so before adding the rest of the ingredients.
4) Add liquids and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese - you can mix that in or sprinkle it over the top and put the whole thing under the broiler to brown.
Nutritional Analysis: (with NOTStarch): 6 grams effective carb plus 6 grams fiber, 31 grams protein, and 400 calories.