Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- Olive oil (about a teaspoon for 6 spears)
- Salt, pepper, and herbs of choice
- A few drops of lemon juice (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 425 F.
2) Prepare the asparagus, either just by snapping off the ends, or trimming the very end and peeling tough part with vegetable peeler.
3) Put on cookie sheet or baking pan.
4) Drizzle the oil over the asparagus, followed by the salt, pepper, herbs, and lemon. Get in there with your hands and smear it all over.
5. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until tender.
Nutritional Information: One medium asparagus spear (5-7 inches long) has .3 grams effective carbohydrate and .3 grams fiber.