This menu is South Beach Diet Friendly - for Phase One, change the melon at breakfast to a glass of tomato juice.
- ½ cup high-fiber low carb cereal, such as All-Bran with extra fiber
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 medium melon, such as cantaloupe
- 1 oz almonds – either slivered on cereal, or whole – can save as a mid-morning snack if preferred
- Throw It Together Salad: Bag of salad greens – about 6.5 oz or 4 cups, tossed together with half a sliced avocado, 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds, 3.5 oz of whatever protein you like (I used deli turkey for the analysis, but egg, beef, chicken, fish, or tofu would be fine), and 2 Tablespoons sugar-free Italian dressing
- Swiss and Ham Roll-Up:1 oz sliced ham and 1 oz sliced Swiss cheese, with sugar-free mustard if desired, rolled around a medium dill pickle or sugar-free sweet pickle
- Basil Chicken with Vegetables
- Dessert: ½ cup ricotta cheese with desired flavorings, such as Sugar-Free Flavored Syrups, coffee and sweetener, unsweetened cocoa and sweetener (check carbs), or berries.
Note: Calories can be varied by adding and subtracting protein and fat (if you get hungry, add more calories), or, if your particular carbohydrate needs vary from this, by changing amounts of carbohydrate foods.