- 1 large or several small cakes made with muffin recipe (see instructions below)
- Homemade whipped cream, with vanilla and sweetener to taste
- Fresh strawberries (about 3-4 cups or so)
- Make one big one, using a 9-inch cake pan.
- Just bake large muffins and split them.
- Bake 6 4" ones, either with mini-cake pans, or special muffin pans. "Muffin Top" pans work (such as these). Best (but hard to find in the US) are sometimes called "Yorkshire Pudding Pans," which are similar, but deeper. I got a set of these years ago when I used to make gluten-free rolls for myself. Apparently they didn't sell well because I can't find them any more. But if you ever find them, pounce. I still get a lot of use out of mine to make sandwich bread.
2) Pour into prepared pans. Muffin pans just need to be greased, but I find parchment paper in the bottom helps the cake come out of the large cake pan.
3) Bake according to directions for muffins. For a larger cake, it takes about 25 minutes until top is golden brown and springs back when pressed, or toothpick comes out clean.
4) Slice up the strawberries and sweeten them if desired with artificial sweetener.
5) Whip the cream and flavor to taste.
6) When cake is cool, split. Layer: Put most of the strawberries on first, covered with whipped cream, and the second layer, and more whipped cream and the rest of the strawberries.