Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1/4 lb butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups erythritol (powdered, not granulated)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 eggs (room temp is best)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups flax seed meal
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup artificial sweetener
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
1) Cream the butter until fluffy.
2) Add the erythritol to the butter and cream them together until fully combined (aim for a fluffy texture).
3) Add the vanilla and beat the eggs into the mixture, one at a time.
4) Add salt and cocoa, beat well.
5) Add chocolate, beat until fluffy.
6) Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
7) Pour into a pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until top springs back. (You can also test if they're ready by sticking a toothpick in the brownies. If it comes out clean, or almost-so, they're done.)
8) Cool, then cut into 32 squares. If you cheat and eat one warm, know that the texture will be different once completely cool. That's when they become like real brownies. (They are even better the next day.)
Nutritional Analysis: Each of 32 brownies has 1 gram effective carbohydrate, plus 3 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, and 107 calories.