- About 2/3 cup chopped apple (70 grams)
- Sugar-free syrup, such as Da Vinci's caramel, or water and sugar substitute
- About half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- About 3 Tablespoons almond meal
- About a teaspoon of butter
- Chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Put the chopped apple in a microwave-safe bowl or other container. Sprinkle the cinnamon over it, and pour the sugar-free syrup over the top to about half an inch. Cover. Microwave about 1½ minutes.
Remove the cover. Sprinkle the almond meal over the top, and just a sprinkling of salt. You can add chopped walnuts or pecans if you like. Dot with butter. Microwave, uncovered for another 1½ minutes.
Nutritional Information: Each serving has 9 grams effective carbohydrate plus 4 grams fiber, 4 grams protein, and 169 calories.