Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup powdered (not granulated) erythritol
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- artificial sweetener to taste (about 1/2 cup sugar equivalent - zero carb preferred, such as liquid forms of sucralose)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
2) Whisk in the vanilla, erythritol, and then the cocoa powder. Add the rest of the artificial sweetener (I like liquid sucralose, such as Sweetzfree) to taste. The amount will depend partly on the strength of the cocoa powder.
3) With a spoon, mix in the coconut.
4) Use a small melon ball scoop, or Tablespoon measure to form cookies. If desired, garnish with a sprinkling of coconut and pat into the top.
Chill before eating. Makes 20 cookies.
Nutritional Information: Each cookie has 1 gram effective carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber, 1 gram protein, and 85 calories.