Carbohydrate and Fiber Counts for Zucchini
- ½ cup chopped zucchini: 1.5 gram effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and and 10 calories
- 1 medium zucchini (about 7 oz): 5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 31 calories
- 4 oz zucchini (¼ lb.): 3 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 18 calories
Glycemic Index for ZucchiniAs with most non-starchy vegetables, there is no scientific study of the glycemic index of zucchini.
Estimated Glycemic Load of Zucchini
- ½ cup chopped zucchini: 1
1 medium zucchini(about 7 oz): 3
4 oz zucchini (¼ lb.): 2
Health Benefits of ZucchiniZucchini are a good source of vitamin C, and a good source of vitamin B6, riboflavin, and manganese, as well as a smattering of a lot of other nutrients.
Low-Carb Recipes with ZucchiniSubstitute for pasta as described above, or try these:
- Mom's Prize-Winning Zucchini Casserole
- Italian Squash Casserole
- Zucchini "Pasta"
- Mediterranean Summer Vegetables (Similar to Ratatouille)
Leroux, MarcusFoster-Powell, Kaye, Holt, Susanna and Brand-Miller, Janette. "International table of glycemic index and glycemic load values: 2002." American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Vol. 76, No. 1, 5-56, (2002).