Carbohydrate and Fiber Counts for Raisins
- ¼ cup seedless raisins (packed): 31 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1.5 grams fiber and 123 calories.
- 1 small box raisins (1.5 oz.): 32 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 129 calories.
- 1 miniature box raisins (.5 oz.): 10 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 42 calories.
Glycemic Index for RaisinsOne study of raisins had an average GI of 64.
Glycemic Load of Raisins
- ¼ cup seedless raisins (packed): 19
- 1 small box raisins (1.5 oz.): 20
- 1 miniature box raisins (.5 oz.): 6
Health Benefits of RaisinsAlthough grapes lose some of their nutrients during the drying process, raisins are a good source of antioxidant chemicals, which help protect our cells.
More Information About Raisins at Calorie Count Plus.More Carb Profiles:
Leroux, MarcusFoster-Powell, Kaye, Holt, Susanna and Brand-Miller, Janette. "International table of glycemic index and glycemic load values: 2002." American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Vol. 76, No. 1, 5-56, (2002).
USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 20.