Carbohydrate and Fiber Counts for Fennel
- ½ cup sliced raw fennel: 2 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1.5 gram fiber and 14 calories
- 1 large bulb raw fennel (about 8 oz/half a pound): 10 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 7 grams fiber and 73 calories
- 1 oz. raw fennel: 1 gram effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 9 calories
Glycemic Index for FennelAs with most non-starchy vegetables, there is no scientific study of the glycemic index of celery.
Estimated Glycemic Load of Fennel
- ½ cup sliced raw fennel: 1
- 1 large bulb raw fennel (about 8 oz/half a pound)): 5
- 11 oz. raw fennel: 1
Health Benefits of FennelCelery is a good source of Vitamin C, and a fair source of potassium.
More Information About Fennel at Calorie Count.More Carb Profiles:
Leroux, MarcusFoster-Powell, Kaye, Holt, Susanna and Brand-Miller, Janette. "International table of glycemic index and glycemic load values: 2002." American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Vol. 76, No. 1, 5-56, (2002).
United States Department of Agriculture. "Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of Selected Foods - 2007. November 2007