Carb Profile for White (Button) Mushrooms
Carbohydrate and Fiber Counts for Portabella Mushrooms
- ½ cup diced raw portabella mushrooms: 1.5 gram effective (net) carbohydrate plus .5 gram fiber and 11 calories
- 1 large portabella cap (about 3 oz.): 3 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 22 calories
- ½ cup sliced grilled portabella mushrooms: 1.5 gram effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1.5 fiber and and 21 calories
Glycemic Index for Portabella MushroomsAs with most non-starchy vegetables, there is no scientific study of the glycemic index of mushrooms.
Estimated Glycemic Load of Portabella Mushrooms
- ½ cup diced raw portabella mushroom: 1
- 1 large portabella cap (about 3 oz.): 2
- ½ cup sliced grilled portabella mushrooms: 2
Health Benefits of Portabella MushroomsPortabella mushrooms are an excellent source of copper, selenium, riboflavin, and niacin, and a very good source of panothenic acid, potassium, and phosphorus. They are a good source of thiamin.
More Carb Profiles:
Leroux, Marcus, Foster-Powell, Kaye, Holt, Susanna and Brand-Miller, Janette. "International table of glycemic index and glycemic load values: 2002." American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Vol. 76, No. 1, 5-56, (2002).