Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 pint (16 oz) sour cream
- 12 oz shredded cheese - jack and/or cheddar
- 1 lb cooked ham, chopped (check to make sure it isn't loaded with sugar)
- 1 large green pepper, chooped
- 1/4 C chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper
1. Saute onion, pepper, and garlic until beginning to soften.
2. Put eggs and sour cream in blender with salt and pepper, or whisk in a bowl. Blend well.
3. Put half the cheese into a 9X13 baking pan or similarly-size casserole dish. Add the ham next, then the rest of the cheese, and the vegetables. Pour the egg mixture over the whole thing.
4. Bake 50-60 minutes, until top is golden brown and knife inserted into the center comes out clean (or almost so - it will continue to cook for a few minutes afterwards).
Nutritional Analysis: Each of 8 servings has 4.5 grams effective carb plus .5 gram fiber, 30 grams protein, and 533 calories