Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 pint (16 oz) sour cream
- 12 oz shredded cheese - jack and/or cheddar
- 1 lb cooked ham, chopped (check to make sure it isn't loaded with sugar)
- 1 large green pepper, chooped
- 1/4 C chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper
1. Saute onion, pepper, and garlic until beginning to soften.
2. Put eggs and sour cream in blender with salt and pepper. Blend well. (You can do this in a bowl with a whisk if you prefer.)
3. Put half the cheese into a 9X13 baking pan, followed by the ham, the rest of the cheese, and the vegetables. Pour the egg mixture over the whole thing.
4. Bake 50-60 minutes, until top is golden brown and knife inserted into the center comes out clean (or almost so - it will continue to cook for a few minutes afterwards).
Nutritional Analysis: Each of 8 servings has 4.5 grams effective carb plus .5 gram fiber, 30 grams protein, and 533 calories