- 1 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup sugar-free ginger ale (or just water and sweetener to taste)
- Extra sweetener to taste*
- 2 eggs
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well (a fork works well).
3. Heat pan or griddle to medium heat and cook pancakes, flipping when brown.
* If you plan to serve the pancakes with sugar-free syrup, no extra sweetener is added. When serving plain, add an extra 1-2 tablespoon of sugar equivalent in a sugar substitute. I prefer liquid forms of sucralose (Splenda) which has no extra carb.
Nutritional Information: Each of six pancakes (about 4" in diameter) has 2 grams effective carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber, 4 grams protein, and 186 calories.