You'll need a skillet with a lid for this recipe. Non-stick is best.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 10 oz package chopped frozen spinach
- 3-6 eggs
- 1 T cheese per egg - can be low fat for South Beach and Zone, or full fat - parmesean is nice
- Seasonings to taste (I like salt, pepper, and just a sprinkle of nutmeg)
- Cream (optional)
2. Season spinach however it strikes your fancy.
3. When spinach is hot, crack eggs on top. Salt and pepper the eggs and put the lid on. In a few minutes, the eggs will be steam-cooked.
4. When they are almost how you like them, sprinkle the cheese on top of the eggs and put the lid back on until the cheese is melted.
5. For a deluxe effect, drizzle cream over all.
Nutrional Information for Easy Eggs Florentine made with 3 eggs, 2 T shredded parmesean, and no cream:
356 calories, 7.3 ECC, 31.5 grams protein, 6.6 grams fiber , 20 grams fat (7.5 gm saturated). Very high in folate, riboflavin, vitamin A, vitamin B12, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and selenium. High in niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, calcium, copper, iron, and zinc.