Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
- 2 1/4 C almond meal/flour
- 3 T coconut oil or palm oil (see note below)
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 C powdered egg whites
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 T "sweetening power" from artificial sweetener
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C other milky liquid - can be unsweetened soy milk, milk, cream, or half and half
1. Mix oil and almond meal together with a mixer or pastry blender until it's like coarse meal.
2. Add the rest of the dry ingredients.
3. If you're using liquid artifcial sweetener, put it in with the cream.
4. Mix wet and dry together, and let the mixture sit for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Drop by tablespoons on foil-covered baking sheet. (If they are a little bigger or smaller, no problem.)
Bake for about 10 minutes, depending upon size, until golden brown.
Nutritional Analysis:Makes 12 biscuits, each with 2 grams of carbohydrate plus 2 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein.