I just love to have this stuff around. It's great as:
- a dip or spread for raw veggies (such as this stuffed celery)
- a spread on flax bread or other low-carb bread or crackers,
- a topping for burgers
- a topping for cooked vegetables (mix in, and it makes an instant cheese sauce)
- a quick "macaroni and cheese" with shirataki noodles - just mix in!
Roasted red pepper can be substituted for the pimento.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 8 oz cheddar cheese (I like to use a combination of white and yellow cheddar)
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 4 oz jar pimentos, or one roasted red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
Cut cheese into chunks of about 1 inch, and pulse in food processor (or use grated cheese). Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust - if it's a little harsh, try rounding it out with a very small amount of sweetener (such as one drop of a concentrated liquid sucralose sweetener
Makes about 18 servings of 2 Tablespoons each
Each serving has half a gram effective carbohydrate
plus 1 gram protein, and 98 calories. Calories can be reduced by using low-fat mayonnaise, but check for sugar in the mayo and adjust carbs accordingly.