1. Health

Laura Dolson

Low-Carb Bread Consumer Fights Back

By July 16, 2012

Did you ever have a sneaking suspicion that the "facts" on a nutrition label weren't quite right? When it comes to carbs, many of us test our blood sugar to find our responses to foods that are new to us, and some in the low-carb community let us know about the results. Perhaps no product in my experience has generated a broader range of responses than Julian Bakery's Smart Carb Bread #1 (I wrote about this a year ago). A trusted friend who is insulin-dependent once asked me about this bread when she had a blood glucose reaction as if it was regular bread. On the other hand, others have reported a minimal blood sugar reaction. For examples of both, see: blood Deborah Krueger is a woman who had a strong reaction to the bread -- this graph of her blood glucose is after eating two plain slices (supposedly having 1 gram of net carb each) after fasting. Naturally, she was horrified. But Deborah has taken her results several steps farther than anyone else that I know of. She was so suspicious of the information on the nutrition label of the bread that she actually paid to have the bread analyzed by food scientists. As reported in Jimmy Moore's Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Blog and also in a phone interview I did with her Sunday, the bread was tested at the Eurofin and Exova labs, and the results were very far from the information provided on the Julian Bread label. This table compares the information on the label for one slice of Smart Carb #1 bread with the results from the labs (I've added the net carbs line by subtracting the fiber from the total carbohydrate listed).

bread As you can see, there is a huge difference between the two, with the independent testing Krueger commissioned finding much more carbohydrate, and half the protein and fiber, than was stated on the bread label. (For those of you who have your calculators out to see if it all adds up, remember that soluble fiber provides calories, but not in the form of carbs.)

Deborah tells me that she contacted the Julian Bakery, who assured her that they were concerned and would do what was necessary to make it right, by having the product retested themselves and either adjusting the recipe or the label. She requested that they stop selling the bread until that matter was settled, and other requests as stated in Jimmy Moore's blog. But that was over three weeks ago, and she reports that she has not heard from them since. (When she had the bread tested originally, it took nine days to get the results.)

Deborah says she has sent over 75 letters to governmental agencies including the FDA, retail outlets, and newspapers. She has received very little in the way of response, but thinks that if others who are outraged by inaccurate labeling would speak up it would have more of an impact. If you would like to speak with Deborah about this, her phone number is 503-282-1299 (she is in the Pacific time zone).

I applaud Deborah for not only taking charge of her health by eating in a way that controls her blood glucose without medication, but by trying her best to help others achieve the same results by taking matters into her own hands when something doesn't seem right.

To my readers: It is so important that we be cautious with products that are marketed as being low-carb. Even when "net carbs" are reported correctly (as it appears they are NOT in the case of this bread), there is often a lot of individual variation in the response. Some products are deliberately not tested on diabetics, for example, who are obviously not going to react the same way to a carbohydrate-containing product. Some fibers and other ingredients that are supposed to not cause a blood sugar reaction act differently when they are taken away from the original plant and become an ingredient in a processed food.

I am planning to set up an area of this site where people can report reactions to various low-carb products so we can share information about this.

Graph used with permission of Deborah Krueger and Jimmy Moore. Table © Laura Dolson

Related Resources:
Forum | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter & RSS
Comments
July 16, 2012 at 10:54 am
(1) Bev Carney says:

When Lindt chocolates started marketing their 90% cocoa chocolate bar, I compared it to the 85% bar and there were MORE carbs in the 90% one. That didn’t seem right so I did the math on the label and it didn’t add up either.

I wrote to the company and was told their nutritionists were looking into it. A couple of months later I wrote again and got the same response. A few months ago I see they changed the labels on both the 85 and the 90% cocoa products. They now have a minimum 7 carbs per serving or about 2 per square – more than before.

It’s sad to see these inaccuracies.

July 16, 2012 at 1:23 pm
(2) Irene Di Napoli says:

Are Atkins bars ok on low carb diet?

July 16, 2012 at 1:35 pm
(3) Diane Smith says:

I don’t think Atkins bars are any good for a low carb diet. I was using them daily for a while and I had the following problems:
1. I got cravings for sweet foods all the time and felt hungry all the time.
2. My weight started to go up
3. My acne went crazy
4.Gum disease which had gone away, came back

I have now given up all Atkins products and also all artificial sweeteners.

July 16, 2012 at 1:39 pm
(4) Lynda says:

oh shoot, I just ordered 5 loaves of their bread (one was crushed in shipping.) The Paleo bread was downright horrible. The Manna from Heaven, at 2 net carbs per slice is pretty good, but now I am wondering if it is also mislabeled. I have the same concern re Eden Organic Pumpkin Seeds, 5 grams carbs per 1/4 cup serving, and 5 grams fiber. This seems too good to be true? Any feedback

July 16, 2012 at 1:58 pm
(5) Kylee says:

I looked around and found a store which carried the Julian Bakery Low Carb bread. It was very expensive, but I wanted to try it, so I bought a loaf. I ate a piece every day as toast for breakfast. I didn’t get more when the loaf was finished due to the exorbitant cost, but I did notice that I had gained about three pounds. I was surprised and didn’t even think about the bread as the culprit until now. Hmmm. That is disappointing to say the least. Thanks to Deborah and Laura for bringing this to light.

July 16, 2012 at 2:11 pm
(6) Jill says:

Does anyone now anything about the Genisis breads? Are they really as healthy as they say? The label says 14g carbs, 3g fiber and 0 sugar per slice. I am pre-diabetic and hyPOglycemic (yes, at the same time!) So I do need some carbs.

July 16, 2012 at 2:11 pm
(7) Jill says:

July 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm
(8) Karen says:

Thank you Laura for bringing this information to light. My husband and I started low carb eating a little over 2 years ago and I have learned so much from your newsletter, we have both lost nearly 50 pounds each and feel so much better.
I will be writing to the Julian Bread company.

And a comment about the Atkins bars…I learned from Laura that you want to stay away from malitol (the artificial sweetener in them); it causes blood sugar spikes. Thank you again Laura for the education you provide through this newsletter. Karen

July 16, 2012 at 2:44 pm
(9) Karin from LA says:

Thank you for the article on Julian bread. While I really want to support a small company, it seems that I also had some kind of a reaction. However, one other issue is that millet is used in some of the low carb breads. Millet is a goiterogen and if you have a thyroid problem, it could adversely impact it. The impact of goiterogens, such as brussel sprouts, can be reduced by cooking them. Not so with millet, apparently it increases the impact.

You are right about product labeling. It is out of control with companies down right lying to get on the low carb, green and organic bandwagon.

California this November is going to have a mandatory labeling initiative on the ballot for gmo foods (” Franken” foods as they are called by people opposed to genetically modified foods). The large chemical companies are spending millions to defeat it. I encourage your California readers to support, since the state is the 5th largest producer of food in the world and it will have a huge impact on further honest labeling.

July 16, 2012 at 2:44 pm
(10) Kat says:

I too was stupid enough to believe Julian Bakery’s lies re both their Smart Carb Breads (i gained 8 lbs and they said I was probably celiac) and their Carb Zero breads are not palatable and also stinks. Julian Bakery claim it is delicious. This lie of Julian Bakery website is deceptive and cost me $62. They need to be less greedy and more responsible.

July 16, 2012 at 3:31 pm
(11) Bridget says:

If you’re looking for an easy-to-make bread that is truly low carb and high fiber, look for Laura Dolson’s flax seed meal bread in the recipe section that’s made on a sheet pan like focaccia (I’ve made it in a loaf pan too, it’s denser, but nice as ‘toast’) you can make it sweet or savory, by adding the sweetener of your choice, extracts, berries, etc., or garlic/onion powder, parmesan or other cheeses, etc. It’s a lifesaver!

July 16, 2012 at 3:45 pm
(12) Diane Smith says:

Here’s a little low carb loaf recipe I made today. The carb count is approximate depending on the brand of ingredients you use (make sure the almond butter doesn’t have added sugar). The bread looks very much like a wholemeal bread though the slices are very small. I think it tastes wonderful with some butter on and makes a great accompaniment to breakfast of a salad at lunch time.

I’ll be posting the recipe and pics on my Facebook page shortly.

Almond Butter & Flaxseed Loaf

Whole loaf:
Cals = 904
Fat = 74.93
Carbs = 15.92
Prot = 38.69

Per slice if cut into 10 slices:
Cals = 90.4
Fat = 7.49
Carbs = 1.59
Prot = 3.8

Ingredients:

3 eggs
50g almond butter
30g almond flour (ground almonds)
30g milled flaxseeds
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt

Also needed: electric blender (handheld type will do), small loaf tin (7″ by

3.5″ by 2″)

Method:
Pre-heat oven to 160c (Fan Oven), conventional oven may need to by 170c

Blend together eggs, lemon juice, salt and almond butter using electric

blender. Add almond flour, milled flaxseeds and baking soda and mix together

with a spoon till well mixed. This will be a very liquidy mixture.

Grease the loaf tin well with butter or coconut oil or even line with

greaseproof paper.

Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 35 – 40 mins.

July 16, 2012 at 4:36 pm
(13) Randall says:

Anyone have experience with the healthy living bread you can buy at the supermarket,They claim 5 net carbs.

July 16, 2012 at 5:25 pm
(14) Laura says:

Has anyone tried Wonder Smartwheat? I’m surprised to see it has 5 net carbs per slice. I also love to make homemade flax bread or muffins. I did not like the taste of Julian bread…..

July 16, 2012 at 5:26 pm
(15) Thomas says:

I seriously doubt that the Julian Bakery Carb #1 is 17g net carbs/slice. I sometimes eat 3 slices at a time and put on NO body fat. If it was indeed that high as much as I eat I would be back up to 290 lbs. not the 215 lbs. I’m at now. I order 6 loaves about every 2 mos. so that’s alot of bread eating for a “low carber”.

They’re “gluten free” bread wasn’t as good as the grain breads but still not bad compared to other brands.

If some people get the “insulin spikes” and some don’t then you can conclude that the carbs as as advertised or ALL tests would show spikes no? Also what are they putting ON the bread? Jelly? PB loaded with sugar?

Looking forward to hear how Julian Bakery responds to this. I have visited them in person and it IS a small business; at least in the front showroom with a cute little hippy chick behind the counter who seemed oblivious to the whole low carb idea.

July 16, 2012 at 6:26 pm
(16) Rebecca says:

I also ordered Julian Michaels bread the one carb count. I started gaining weight. I should have know it was too go to be true. Also the bread is not cheap 7.99 plus the shipping by ups.

July 16, 2012 at 6:55 pm
(17) Leenite says:

Thank you all for the cautionary tales about your experiences with the Julian Bakery’s “low-carb” products. I had just visited their website for the first time a couple of days ago, and have been pondering ever since if it was worth $8 plus shipping just to have a few slices of bread, guilt-free…

But even if it was true I’m probably better off not going down that road. Not for a long time, anyway.

A juicy, top round steak with steamed, buttered yellow summer squash is plenty good enough for me. ;-D

July 16, 2012 at 7:12 pm
(18) coffee slurper says:

I used Julian bread for several months. ( the raisin bread, especially toasted, was addictive). I usually consumed two slices daily but noticed a weight gain. I tried two different brands of low carb tortillas from the supermarket but also noticed a gain. I’ve given up on low carb and just use the lowest carb “regular” bread I can find – very sparingly.

July 16, 2012 at 9:14 pm
(19) Lena Lucas says:

Trader Joe’s Sprouted 7 Grain Bread. Like it.

July 16, 2012 at 9:20 pm
(20) loretta zazo says:

I have ordered Julian’s Bakery #1 Smart Carb Bread 3x’s. I lOVE it. Also like the cinnamon raisin but only had that once. I have 1 slice/day toasted at breakfast EVERY day. I have seen a slow but steady weight loss over the past few months. I have lost a total of 26 pounds without exercising.

I find it interesting that here Julian’s Bakery is getting bashed but there advertisement is on this sight. hummmm.

July 16, 2012 at 9:32 pm
(21) Susan Bobbitt says:

Just wondering if you might have any info concerning Mission Carb Balance Tortillas 6g net carbs!! They are so good I’m scared! Any info would be great fully appreciated :-) . Also Mission is a common brand here around Houston Texas,they are manufactured by Gruma Corp. in Irving Texas . Thank you, Susan Bobbitt 409-7531278

July 17, 2012 at 10:04 am
(22) Brenda says:

I would like to know about Carb Balance Tortillia from Mission also. Here in Texas, we eat tortillias in place of bread. If anyone knows of an independent test that shows actual carbs. Thin corn are about 13 per slice. I miss flour

July 17, 2012 at 10:38 am
(23) TeeDee says:

I’m surprised that a few people actually defend the labelling of Julian’s breads over the testing done at the food science labs. I’ll believe the independent science labs that Deborah commissioned over the word of the manufacturers/profit-makers any day!
Thank you Laura, Deborah and Jimmy Moore for tipping us off to this.

July 17, 2012 at 10:02 pm
(24) Ruth says:

I am a Type 1 diabetic who started eating low carb meals about 3 weeks ago. While I am still trying to adjust my insulin pump rates, I have noticed an overall leveling of my blood sugars and, THANK GOD, a lessening of carb cravings. It helped that my dose of Zoloft went up at the same time, as I have suffered with obsessive food thoughts for most of my life.

Thank you so very much for what you do here. I am finding this place to be a valuable resource for info and recipes and ideas.

I appreciate the heads up about the bread- it is hard to know who to trust and I really thank those people who are on insulin and doing the trials and recording sugar levels.

July 18, 2012 at 10:30 am
(25) Pat says:

This is a wonderful article and we are all grateful for the research and education. I’m of the belief that making your own low carb bread is the best route, but I do use the Mission “carb balance” tortillas and would also be curious if they are “off the mark” as well. Bummer, if that would be true.

Thanks to all. This site is invaluable to those concerned with health and keeping carbs at a minimum.

July 18, 2012 at 1:21 pm
(26) Julie H says:

I eat the Healthy Life bread that has 5 net carbs. I limit myself to no more than 2 slices since I am on the 65 grams per day plan. I have been losing 2 lbs per week consistently (exercising also) since eating it. I don’t have a blood sugar problem so I don’t know how it would affect those who do.

July 18, 2012 at 7:20 pm
(27) Kat says:

Deborah, perhaps you should check into a class action lawsuit relating to Julian Bakery’s unwillingness to correct their labeling and/or stop selling their fake low-carb breads along with their “delicious, great tasting” (NOT!) carb zero breads…

July 20, 2012 at 11:21 pm
(28) PeggyC says:

That’s why I stick to real whole foods and don’t buy much of anything processed, “low carb” or not. It’s so easy to make one’s own delicious low carb bread with recipes on this site and elsewhere–there’s never a need to buy junk like Julian Bread.

July 29, 2012 at 9:47 am
(29) cathy murdock says:

I agree with you Thomas….I have the jullian bakery 1 carb bread and I enjoy it very much. Expensive yes, but regular wheat bread is over $2 a loaf! I think it’s life everything else, you can “over-do”, on anything.

August 1, 2012 at 5:46 am
(30) Joyce says:

I do not blame her going to the lab for the tests because thes days you don’t trust labels on food as you think people are cheating all the way.

August 27, 2012 at 11:11 am
(31) Spikeygrrl says:

Since reading this I have written to Julian Bakery every month when I receive their newsletter, requesting to be removed from their mailing list until they have issued as responsible and responsive statement to the media about their gross mislabeling. Not only am I still on their darn list, I am ASHAMED to have recommended (prior to reading this article) Julian their products to just about every dieter I know.

Since their store is more or less right up the road from me, I have seriously considering just sitting outside it for a few hours each day with a picketing sign (hey, who could argue with a few hours a day out in the sunshine in beautiful La Jolla?) Unfortunately,the HUGE majority of their business is mail-order, making an on-site protest ineffective.

Has anyone yet circulated a petition about this? If not, I’ll get the ball rolling! I can be reached at orionaut @ gmail . com

October 13, 2012 at 5:40 pm
(32) Angela says:

Every time I eat any store bought low carb bread my glucose spikes. I think they all misrepresent the net carbs. I thought I would never be able to eat it again. On a whim I made a loaf of bread using the Atkins baking mix. I am not a baker and had never in my 42 years baked bread. It took 7 minutes to prepare and 1 hour to cook in oven (no rise time needed). The bread was moist and tasted good and my blood sugar never got over 90, even when I ate 2 pieces in a sandwhich. I will be making my own bread from now on.

October 15, 2012 at 12:58 pm
(33) bonnie says:

i am not diabetic. i needed to lose about 25lbs and couldn’t imagine how to do it because giving up bread seemed impossible. when i learned about julian bakery thru jorge cruise’s ‘belly fat cure’, i was hopeful. bought both smart carb #1 and #2. it was so delicious and so satisfying…the high fiber content allowed me to use only slice for a sandwich. i replaced all other grains and starches with this bread. i had meat, veg/salad and a slice of bread for dinner every night. i had #2 w/almond butter, eggs, sausage for bfast every day. and i lost 25lbs, painlessly w/o feeling deprived at all. i was unaware of all this controversy. i am currently in stunned disbelief that the smart carb breads have been changed beyond recognition…all the fiber (which was a huge benefit) removed, recipe completely changed, taste horrid, consistency like that of a soggy sponge. for myself, and everyone of the many ppl i told about this bread, it was a miracle. demand was so high the local market couldn’t keep it in stock. ppl drove for hours to get the bread. so, while i’m sorry it didn’t work for some ppl, i am sorry for the ugliness and seeming vendetta that arose toward the julian bakery, that has apparently led to their discontinuing a product that was unique and beneficial for huge numbers of folks.

October 18, 2012 at 1:05 pm
(34) samudra says:

i used the julian bakery smart carb breads #1 and #2 for 3 years. i ate 2-3 slices every day and lost 25lbs in the process. it was the most filling, satisfying and delicious bread i’ve ever had. i introduced probably a hundred ppl to this bread, and everyone i know had fantastic results. my local store could not keep it in stock, as ppl were driving several hours to get it. i do not condone incorrect labeling but i am distressed that the formula for this bread has now been changed so drastically that it bears no resemblance to what i used and loved. the taste is zero; the texture is like a wet sponge. and most of the fiber has been eliminated.
if the former labeling was misrepresented to the degree stated, i question how myself and hundreds (if not thousands) of other ppl got such amazing results. there is simply no other bread that comes even close. if fiber was supposedly half of what was stated, it wouldn’t give the results i and many others achieved.
in addition, this bread was so filling/satisfying that i only used 1 slice for a sandwich. with every other bread i’ve ever used, i needed 2.
i am not convinced that the nutritional info was misrepresented to the extent claimed.
and, while ’2 wrongs don’t make a right’, i would challenge anyone to have any food on the market tested, and i would bet that the results would be different from those stated.
as always, it is up to each one of us to experiment for ourselves to see what does and does not work. if something doesn’t work, why not move on and find something that does, instead of devoting vast amounts of energy in such a negative direction.

November 2, 2012 at 1:32 am
(35) disableddating.tripod.com says:

Your means of explaining everything in this post is in fact fastidious,
all be capable of easily know it, Thanks a lot.

January 5, 2013 at 4:46 pm
(36) Pnix says:

I have bought low carb bread from Julian Bread over the past 1.5 years. I have not purchased in several months. I decided to try a local vendor vs purchasing via the website for the first time. I purchased the Smart carb #1, 2 and 3(Cinnamon) breads. I have thrown out 2 of the 3 so far a waste of $18.00. I am forcing down the Paleo Bread only bc i feel bad for wasting more $. I thought they were out of date or had freezer burn. The taste was horrible! I had to spit it back out and I’m someone who will eat about anything 6;3″ 250 lbs. After reading this blog, I noticed Julian Bread has changed their recipes. Thats a huge mistake. I cannot buy this bread any longer. I will have to make myself which is a scary thought! Any chance we can ever order the old formulation again????

January 22, 2013 at 10:54 am

¼ cup heavy cream 1.5g
2 large eggs 0.7g
AS equal to ¼ cup sugar
I used liquid Splenda 0g
Total carbs per loaf 32.7g

16 ½” slices per loaf 2g per slice

Set the breadmaker to manual mode.

Combine all the dry ingredient in the pan of the breadmaker. Then put the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix the wet ingredients well. Warm them in the microwave 30 seconds.

Turn on the breadmaker and let the dry ingredients mix for a few seconds, then pour in the wet ingredients. (If using a stand mixer, mix for 1 minute with the paddle, then 10 minutes with the dough hook.) Dough will be too soft at first, but will firm up and make a ball after it kneads for a few minutes. If the dough is too stiff, and breaks into more than one ball, add a little more water. If it is too soft and won’t form a ball, add a little more WPI 5000.

Don’t let the dough rise in the breadmaker. Take it out as soon as the knead cycle ends and form the dough and put it in a greased bread pan and set in a warm place to rise. It rises fast…between 20 and 30 minutes. If you let it rise twice it will ruin it. My breadmaker has a “turbo mode” that has only one rise cycle. I can bake this bread start to finish in the breadmaker using the turbo mode but I like the shape of the loaves better when baked in a pan.

When dough doubles in size, bake it in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes until golden brown. (Put it in the oven when the dough is just above the top of the pan, because it will continue to rise in the oven.) Turn the loaf out on to a rack to cool.

January 22, 2013 at 12:06 pm
(38) Sharon Wertz says:

The above recipe for low carb yeast bread looks and tastes like real whole wheat bread. The wheat protein isolate and Carbquik are available online. I get mine at netrition.com.

It has allowed my diabetic husband and me (hypoglycemic) to put bread back into our diets.

March 3, 2013 at 9:28 pm
(39) Flo says:

I just had an allergic reaction to Julian coconut paleo even though I am not allergic to anything on the ingredient list. I posted my comments which were removed. When I posted that the negative comment was removed, they blocked me from posting at all.

March 24, 2013 at 4:05 pm
(40) Grace says:

Used to LOVE them. In the past 5 years, I have probably bought a thousand dollars worth of their low-carb bread. I would buy 9 loaves at a time and then we would freeze it. Then about 3 months ago, they changed their recipe, WITHOUT WARNING. And the new recipe is horrible, basically inedible, even the ducks won’t eat it.

I contacted them 4 times to complain, and asked for my money back. No response. After 3 months, they finally did respond and said “We apologize for the inconvenience unfortunately we don’t issue any refunds or replacement on perishables, as for our Products we are very proud to be able to offer nutritional bread to customers who could not eat any bread at all, please understand thatcwe specialize in low carb, gluten free, high protein, organic bread so each and every one of our products will have a different taste / texture, this is why we advise our customers to please get informed before they make their purchase not only because we know our products are priced higher that other but also because they might have a different affect on different people.” (So aside from being irresponsible as a company, whoever is answering their complaints is illiterate.)

Well, I thought I “knew” what I was getting, or I would not have bought 9 loves of this awful bread. I’m pretty upset that I spent $70 for something that is inedible and they refuse to even respond to complaints.

Now that I am doing more research, I’m thinking the reason they changed the recipe is because their product was mislabeled, in fact there were many more carbs than they admitted to. So now they are in damage control mode, because of past fraudulent advertising, which they don’t want to admit to. I too went to Julian Bakery Facebook page and posted a negative comment (several times), then they finally blocked me.

March 24, 2013 at 11:29 pm
(41) Grace says:

I contacted them 4 times to complain, and asked for my money back. No response. After 3 months, they finally did respond and said “We apologize for the inconvenience unfortunately we don’t issue any refunds or replacement on perishables, as for our Products we are very proud to be able to offer nutritional bread to customers who could not eat any bread at all, plaease understand that vcwe specialize in low carb, glutten free, high protein, organic bread so each and every one of our products will have a different taste / texture, this is why we advise our customers to please get informed befire they make their purchase not only because we know our products are priced higher that other but also because they might have a different affect on different people.” (So in addition to horrible bread and poor customer service, they have illiterate people responding to complaints.)

Anyway, I thought I “knew” what I was getting, or I would not have bought 9 loves of this awful “new and improved” bread. I’m pretty upset that I spent $70 for something that is inedible and they refuse to refund my money, or to even respond to complaints in a responsible manner.

I tried complaining on their Facebook page, but every time I left a negative comment, it would be deleted. I guess they don’t want truthful input, just want to sell a bad product through fraudulent practices. They finally blocked me from commenting on Facebook.

Stay away from this company. They have turned into a bunch of crooks.

July 23, 2013 at 12:25 pm
(42) Julian Bakery says:

We changed are bread awhile ago (Almost A Year Ago). The formula you tested was the old formula. As of a year ago we changed our formula and now no blood sugar spike occurs. We now proudly post all our lab results on our website for our products.

This great interview Gary Collins wrote that specifically outlines
what happened to our Smart Carb Bread. We want to thank
Jimmy Moore and Deborah Krueger for helping us develop
a format in which to test all the products we make. We now
proudly say on all our products label’s that they are lab verified
and post our lab test online. Here is the link the an Gary Collins
wrote recently: http://www.garyshealthtips.com/julian-bakery-defends-its-smart-carb-bread-and-paleo-products-an-investigative-interview-with-gary-the-primal-guy/

August 3, 2013 at 12:27 pm
(43) Charlene says:

I can testify to what Julian Bakery has done to make a tasty, satisfying low-carb bread. I’ve tried other low carb recipes and frankly thought they tasted terrible. While this bread will never taste like Wonder Bread, it certainly does make a pretty darn good sandwich, toast, or open-face broiled sandwich. I’ve used it as crust for mini pizza, too. I will continue to buy this bread, knowing its claims about being low-carb are lab tested and verified.

March 23, 2014 at 1:51 pm
(44) carbnitesolutionpdf5.blogspot.com says:

Most of the gοօd practіtіօոеrs іn tҺіѕ aгеɑ dіɗn’t еνen ƅlinқ.
Resеаrcɦ ѕhοѡs tҺаt aƅօut 6% оf уоսnɡ ρеοрle ѕսffег fгߋm
aո еatіng
ԁiѕοгԁеr aոԀ tҺіѕ fіցսге іѕ tҺoսǥht tօ be lօw.
Үߋս ѕҺοսlɗ cօnсеntгаtе оո eatіnɡ ϳuѕt nаtսгal аnd ߋгgаnic ƿrօԀuсе tօ mіոimіƶе thе գսɑոtіtу ߋf
ϲҺеmіϲalѕ yߋu mаү іnǥеѕt.