1. Health

Laura Dolson

Jennifer Hudson Lost Weight with Low-Carb Diet?

By March 5, 2011

jenniferJust a little low-carb gossip: apparently Jennifer Hudson told a reporter on the Oscar red carpet that cutting carbs was part of the secret to her weight loss. She is quoted as saying, "I just made sure I stuck to my Weight Watchers...I also took the extra mile to delete the carbs." Of course, almost any time a person cuts calories, they are going to be cutting carbs as part of that, and it has been argued that this probably enhances the weight loss. But it sounds as though Ms. Hudson focused on cutting back on carbs. She is reported to have said, "I made sure when I felt the need to eat something crunchy I ate nuts instead and stayed away from the carbs."

Unfortunately, Ms. Hudson may have bought the myth that you can lose weight by eating a low-carb diet, but then maintain it while adding a lot more carb. She said, "I didn't eat any carbs until today [meaning the day of the Oscars last Sunday]." Hopefully, she won't go too far in that direction. All too many have found out the truth: if your body can't handle sugar, adding too much carbohydrate will sabotage your hard work.

Photo Jason Merritt/Getty Images

Related Resources:
Comments
March 6, 2011 at 8:15 pm
(1) norma says:

It is a shame people can not do as they like with their own body. Why are you people even paying that close of attention. Jhud is a grown woman and she is incontrol of her life. Stop tryi ng to put bars and holds on other peoples life that does not care for your thoughts. Jennifer Hudson is who she is going to be, like her are not. She has came along way, and your little small comments are not going to break her stride. Thanks but no! thanks. Stop trying to still her joy. Her 5’9 frame is very comfortable with the weight she is carring. Jennifer is a very gorgeous lady thick are this, and either way she is still the same beautiful lady inside and out. Now that is what really matters to her FANS(most authentic).

March 7, 2011 at 10:13 am
(2) Jade says:

I fell that the comment you wrote is unnesscary :) you just made yourself sound stupid

March 7, 2011 at 10:25 am
(3) Linda says:

I totally agree Jade. The comments made by Norma seem to have absolutely no connection to the post done by Laura. Laura was simply trying to point out that carbs DO play a huge role in weight loss and it appears that Jennifer figured that out as well. Laura did not say anything negative about JHud’s weight loss. Perhaps you need to re-read the post? And perhaps make use of spell check?

March 12, 2011 at 7:28 pm
(4) Abita says:

Lol!
Apparently Norma’s comment was uncalled for. I think JHud looks amazing and it goes to show that if you put your mind to it, you can achieve it. Losing weight is personal and everyone’s case is unique. Yes eating a low carb diet is important but it’s also important you realize that eating healthy is more important. And carbs are certainly a necessity in out diet. Eat less and sweat more and you should be on your merry weight loss way.

December 23, 2011 at 10:11 pm
(5) Mindy Jacobs says:

For those of us who are “carb sensitive” it is not a matter of “eat less sweat more”. Eating low carb is not just another weight loss plan, it’s a way to control one’s appetitie so you can eat less without starving. When I eat two eggs for breakfast I can go, comfortably four to five hours without feeling the need to eat somethng. If I add just one slice of bread to those two eggs I’ll feel hungry sooner and it will put me into a “carb frenzy” for the rest of the day.

April 25, 2012 at 3:16 pm
(6) Check out This Amazing Deal! says:

Hello there, I discovered your blog by the use of Google at the same time as looking for a similar subject, your web site got here up, it appears to be like great. I’ve bookmarked to my favourites|added to my bookmarks.

July 22, 2013 at 11:32 am
(7) Shella says:

I think you did an incredible job detailing it in your article.
Sure beats having to research it on my own. Thanks.

Here is my web site … fitness apps for android (Shella)